Chroma Color Corporation UltraPET™ color concentrate represents continued growth in color innovation based on G3 patented technology. UltraPET™ achieves the highest pigment levels versus any existing colorant technology translating into lower coloring costs for customers – without jeopardizing processing rates or pigment dispersion.
Key attributes of the UltraPET™ color concentrate include:
- Polymeric carrier that is low melting and has excellent compatibility with the base polymer. The polymeric carrier will not migrate and cause screw slippage issues
- Melts at 50% lower temperature than traditional PET based carriers
- Improved rheology and larger surface area leading to a faster incorporation rate
- Compatibility with PET bottle resins
- High loading capability
- No need to recrystallize
- Drying may not be required at low use rates for tints
- Resistance to alcohols
- Reduced housekeeping cost compared to liquid color
- FDA compliant
Targeted applications for this new UltraPET™ product line include cosmetic packaging, vitamin bottles, nutraceuticals, sample liquor bottles, spice jars, thermoformed sheets and much more.
About Chroma Color: In 2018 four well-established color concentrate companies (Breen, Hudson, Carolina and Chroma Colors) combined their exceptional talent, capabilities, manufacturing capacities, and geographic footprint, into a single business entity—Chroma Color Corporation.
Today, Chroma Color Corporation is a leading specialty color and additive concentrate supplier of the highest quality and the shortest lead times in the plastics marketplace. The business, approaching $150 million, has extensive technical and manufacturing expertise.
The extensive product lines of colorants and additives have performed exceptionally well for customers for over 50 years in markets such as: packaging, wire and cable, building & construction, consumer, medical, healthcare, lawn & garden, durables, sanitation, recreation and leisure, transportation and more.